Cubanite Metallic Kitchen
- Kitchen Finish: Cubanite Metallic High Gloss Lacquer
- Layout: Open plan kitchen with island
- Kitchen Style: Handleless
- Base Unit Doors: Cubanite Metallic High Gloss Lacquer
- Wall Unit Doors: White High Gloss Lacquer
- Tall Doors: Cubanite Metallic High Gloss Lacquer
- Island Finish: Cubanite Metallic High Gloss Lacquer
- Appliances: Siemens, Neff, Miele
- Worktop: Compac Lactea Quartz
- Glass: Full Glass Splashback
- Location: Arnos Grove
Kitchen Project Notes
The space was supposed to incorporate both the old part of the house as well as the new, through the rear extension, whilst maintain traditional features like the old exposed brick work. This entailed the kitchen forming the archway into the new, modern area and space.
The design consisted of concealed compact boilers as well as integrated machines for manifolds. A living-in kitchen space for the family had to be integrated. Multiple changes in heights, ceiling heights, angles, and positions of ceiling lanterns also formed part of the project. We ended up going with continuous tall units to bridge the divide between the old and new extension. This then dropped down to a hob run and recessed at the back end.
Continuous drawers were implemented underneath the waterfall island. The sink was also placed here, along with the dishwasher. We used materials in a Cubanite metallic high gloss lacquer and White gloss lacquer for the wall units, accompanied by the pristine White contrasting worktop on the island, with drop ends to the floor.
Our client was extremely happy with the space, which was bright, open and worked well. It was ergonomic and they loved the contrast between the colours, including the blue coloured splashback and how well it worked in conjunction with the rest of the design.